In October 2022, Christopher Maher joined the Happified Life Podcast with Susi Vine, where they discussed how everyone is impacted by stress in their lives, and the patterns we inherit from family or adopt in childhood can shape not only our future success, but happiness and wellbeing.
Christopher offered frank advice on how we can unsubscribe from the acceptable stress “management” methods of our culture and unwind Strauma (the impact of stress over time) so that you can return to balance and thrive.
They also discussed:
- Why everyone should wake up feeling like a superhero, and why you probably don’t
- How acceptable daily drugs perpetuate the stress cycle
- Tension, stress and the distortion that are blocking your internal happiness
- The potential in slowing down to speed up
- Being present as a state of coherence
- Generational patterns of stress inherited from insecurities and fears
- Restoring priority to “be”ing in a world that puts priority on what we do
- Enlisting the people you love for support when you’re ready for change
- Being in the business of maximizing your own potential
Christopher Lee Maher is a former Navy SEAL who endured intense amounts of physical, mental, and emotional stress as a child and during and after his military career. He has taught himself how to free his energy, body, mind and emotions from pain by developing the emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of being. Christopher studied Traditional Chinese Medical Practices at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine and at Yo San University, then continued his studies at The Universal Healing Tao System. He is a student of Grand Master Mantak Chia at the Universal Tao Master School in Chiang Mai, Thailand, and is currently pursuing his Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Traditional Chinese Medicine.