Welcome to True Body Intelligence!
DATA CONTROLLER & DATA PROCESSOR
A data controller is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other entity that determines the purposes and means for the processing of personal information. We are the data controller for this Website and, as such, we are responsible for protecting the personal information that you share with us.
A data processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other entity that processes data on behalf of the data controller. Infusionsoft is a third party company that we have hired to process our data. Accordingly, Infusionsoft stores information collected through this Website. Infusionsoft helps us to gather information, collect and process payments, and to send marketing information to users.
WHAT INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
In furtherance of our effort to provide you with a positive and memorable experience on this Website, we may collect and request personally identifiable information from you. We respect your information and privacy like we do our own. Accordingly, we will collect only the minimum amount of information necessary in order to fulfill our obligations to you and satisfy our legitimate business needs. While you browse this Website, purchase products or services through this Website, or attend True Body Intelligence events, we may request and/or collect any of the following Personal Information:
- Your name – It is important for us to be able to build a relationship with our users and clients. We may collect your name because we find it to be much easier to build a real relationship with another person when we know their name, as opposed to only knowing the string of numbers attached to that person’s computer IP address;
- Your date of birth – Our products and services are primarily intended for people 18 years of age and older. If you are younger than 18 years old, we reserve the right to obtain express parental consent before providing you access to information on this Website and/or before selling our products and services to you. We may request and collect your date of birth in order to confirm the information, products, and services are intended for you;
- Your email address – Email is one of our primary methods of communicating with users, clients, and customers. We will use your email address in strict accordance with the type of consent you provided when sharing your email address with us. For example, if you check a box requesting our monthly newsletter while purchasing a product from us, we will only send you emails containing monthly newsletters, product updates, and emails about related topics;
- Your mailing address – Although most of our communications will be delivered via email, we may collect and use your mailing address for limited purposes such as completing payment transactions or delivering products you purchase from us;
- Your phone number – We will only collect and use your phone number if you provide it to us, and if telephone is your preferred way to communicate with us. For example, if you submit a customer service inquiry via our business phone number, we will return your inquiry using the phone number you provide to us. We will never use your phone number to make telemarketing phone calls;
- Your billing information including, but not limited to, credit card information – Your billing information will be collected and provided to our third-party merchant services provider so that they may process your payment transaction under our contractual terms. We do not use or save credit card information after transactions are complete;
- Social media postings, comments and reviews – We may use social media information, comments and/or reviews that you post on this Website or on our social media pages in testimonials and for market research purposes;
- Photographs and/or vides – We may use photos and videos of you that are taken at True Body Intelligence events and/or those photos and videos that you share with us through our Website and social media pages for testimonials, marketing, and market research purposes; and
- We may use any information you directly provide to us through our Website or when emailing us at email@example.com.
We will collect, use, and process the above Personal Information according to your consent and/or in furtherance of our legitimate business interests. If you have questions regarding what Personal Information we have collected, wish to opt-out from receiving further communication from us, and/or wish for us to delete any or all of your Personal Information from our databases, please email us your request at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to work with you to fulfill your request. Your comfort and satisfaction are our priority, and we want to ensure you are comfortable with the information you provide to us.
In order to maintain our Website and improve user experience, we may collect Technical Information, including, but not limited to, information about how you use our Website, your computer’s unique IP address, pages you view, your navigation paths, the amount of time you spend visiting a particular page, your opt-in/opt-out preferences, your time zone, and your time of access. We may use your Technical Information to share it with our business administration team, marketing and advertising teams, and web development teams in furtherance of efforts to optimize your future Website experiences and properly administer our Website and business.
Our “Cookies” Policy
You may be wondering what exactly we mean by, “cookies.” When we use the term, cookies, we are not referring to tasty snacks, but rather we are referring to small files of information that act as computer ID tags. Cookies are created when you use your web browser to access a website that utilizes cookies features to keep track of your movements within the website, assist you to pick up where you left, remember your registered login, preferences, and other customization functions. These cookies/ID tags are stored on your computer’s browser directory and/or hard drive.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
All Personal Information collected on or through your use of this Website will come directly from you. When filling out forms on our Website, contacting us, signing up for our mailing list, etc. you are choosing to provide us with Personal Information. Your choice to share your information through this Website will empower us to serve and communicate with you based on the choices you make while using this Website.
We reserve the right to access and collect information from third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, payment and delivery services, and referral partners.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
You may be wondering, now that True Body Intelligence, LLC has collected my information, what does the True Body Intelligence team do with it? In furtherance of our information privacy values, we pledge to collect only the minimum amount of information needed in order to effectively serve you and operate our business. We pledge to respect your privacy at all times. We may use the information we collect from you to:
- Provide newsletters, notify you of upcoming events, and share other informational materials;
- Send you marketing information in accordance with applicable law;
- Process payment transactions when you purchase our products and services;
- Process orders and deliver products and services to your physical address or email account;
- Communicate with you regarding updates to the products or services you purchased;
- Deliver Website content to you;
- Reply to your inquiries about True Body Intelligence and our products and services;
- Track your use of our Website and online services for analysis and statistical purposes;
- Personalize and improve our Website and online services;
- Keep communications records;
- Keep records of orders and communications regarding the orders;
- Comply with legal obligations;
- Use in legal proceedings;
- Share with third parties such as our newsletter and email marketing provider, merchant services provider, and delivery services provider;
- Create and run social media advertisements;
- Acquire professional advice and/or services (ex: accounting, insurance, and legal services); and
- Any legitimate business purpose with the foremost objective being to ensure you have an optimal experience with True Body Intelligence and this Website!
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
In furtherance of our intention to respect your privacy and to abide by all applicable laws and regulations, we will only process your information based on the following legal grounds for data processing:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us clear and affirmative consent to do so. For example, if you have checked a box requesting to stay notified about upcoming True Body Intelligence events and community news, we will store and utilize the information you have provided to us (email address, mailing address, etc.) to fulfill your request. Generally, you will be asked if you agree (consent) to receive communications about a specific topic or for a specific purpose at the time you provide us with your email address (“opt-in”). If for some reason you provide your email to us via a method that does not include a feature for you to affirmatively opt-in, such as sending an email, you agree that by providing your email address, you are completing an opt-in and that you will be responsible for notifying us if you wish to opt-out of receiving future communications from us.
- Performing a Contract. We will collect and process your information when and where it is necessary to enter into a contractual relationship with you and/or to perform a contractual obligation for you. For example, if you purchase a product from us, we will process your mailing address and email information in order to deliver the product to you and email you a notification of shipment.
- Legitimate Business Interest. We reserve the right to process information you have shared with us if there is a legitimate business interest in doing so. For example, if you previously sent our support team an email requesting pricing information about a particular product or service, and we subsequently decided to offer a special discount on such product or service, then we may process your email information to send you a marketing email for the business purpose of notifying you of the new discount and growing our business. Additionally, we may process your Technical Information in order to analyze your use of our Website, administer and protect our Website, and/or to deliver new and relevant content to you. Our legitimate interests for processing the above stated Technical Information would be to continue improving Website experience and to grow our business using an effective marketing strategy.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Occasionally, we may have to disclose your information in special cases or to rectify issues related to:
- Maintaining or fixing IT and administration services;
- Assisting professional service providers such as accountants, lawyers, and insurers;
- Fulfilling disclosure requests from parties in a lawsuit or where necessary to protect and defend our rights and/or the rights of our clients;
- As is permitted or required by applicable law.
Even though we (and our trusted third-party service providers) pledge to use our absolute best efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that your information will always be secure. This is because of the simple fact that the Internet is not a 100% secure environment. When browsing and transacting on the Internet, there is some level of inherent risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way to gain unauthorized access to your information. Please take note that email communications are not always encrypted and should not be assumed to be secure. In the event we discover or suspect that an information breach has occurred, we will use the information you have provided to us to notify you. Additionally, we will notify other regulatory bodies and/or other parties we are required to notify under applicable legal requirements.
The length of time we will retain the information you share with us will depend upon the purposes for which you provided such information to us as well as the purpose(s) for which we collected such information. Generally, we retain your information for the minimum amount of time necessary to satisfy the purpose we collected the information in the first place. Additionally, we may retain your information for a longer period of time in order to satisfy any legal, accounting, or other legally required reporting requirements.
For research and statistical purposes, we may make your information anonymous and retain this information indefinitely without further notice to you. If we retain information for these purposes, it will no longer be personally traceable to you.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
While we sincerely appreciate you providing us with information that enables us to keep our business running smoothly, we understand and respect your information and privacy rights. When it comes to your information and privacy, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information we have gathered about you, including a description about how we use such information;
- Correct or erase information that is no longer accurate or is no longer necessary for us to have;
- Restrict further processing and use of your information;
- Withdraw your consent to further processing and use of your information;
- Request an authorized transfer of your information;
- File a complaint with a supervisory authority if you think we are unlawfully collecting, using, or processing your information; and
- Delete all personally identifiable information from our databases.
If any information you provide to us changes, it is your responsibility to notify us so that we may update your information in our system(s) (including the removal of outdated information). If you would like to inquire about your Personal Information that is stored in our records, please contact us with your request at email@example.com. There is no fee to access your information, however, we do reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if your request is without merit, excessive, or repetitive. Additionally, you may email us to request that we update your Personal Information or correct any factual errors that you believe may exist regarding your information.
Periodically, we may use the information you have provided us to contact you to confirm that the information we have for you is current. It is important to us that we maintain your up-to-date information so you do not miss out on any exciting developments here at True Body Intelligence.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. We are here to work with you through the good times and the bad. If you encounter a less than optimal situation, or if you are unhappy with your experience on this Website, we would be so grateful if you could reach out to us first to resolve the issue(s) at hand. We will be more than happy to work with you to rectify your concerns.
Data protection laws vary by state and by country. True Body Intelligence strives to apply the highest standards of data protection to the benefit of all its users and viewers. This includes striving to abide by recent General Data Protection Regulations, which apply to you if you are from or located anywhere in the European Union. Our data processor, Infusionsoft, represents that it is taking all steps necessary to ensure that it is compliant with General Data Protection Regulations. More information about data protection at Infusionsoft is available here: https://www.infusionsoft.com/legal/data-protection-faq.
If you wish to stop receiving emails or marketing communications from True Body Intelligence, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our emails. If you choose to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not remove or apply to information you provided to us from other transactions such as online purchases or “contact us” inquiries.